Thursday, July 14, 2011

Thursday Thirteen - My Clutter

I surveyed what resides on my desk and thought it worthy to share. Some is mundane but not all, as I hope you'll agree. Here goes:

1. A miniature jar of Play-Doh - this came from a local chapter of NaNoWriMo last November when I joined a great group of people writing a novel in November; it's a great stress reliever for playtime

2. My digital picture frame filled with photos of favorite drummer Ukyou Kamimura (Kami), now deceased member of the former Japanese visual kei band Malice Mizer

3. Logitech speakers for my laptop - a good, portable way to get good sound

4. A paper holder like a miniature paperweight with a curved slit for propping paper at the proper angle for reading at a keyboard

5. Advair 500/50 diskus for my asthma - thank goodness for good health insurance

6. One tire shaped squeeze ball - good to prevent carpal tunnel syndrome

7. A tea bag holder for when I'm done soaking the elixir in my drink

8. CD cases - a slew I need to put away after having downloaded them to my iPods

9. One of four Southpark coasters for my tea or other drink of choice - this is one of Stan while the rest of the guys' faces are strewn about the family room

10. A Red Rock Canyon postcard from precious friends - I should have joined that writing group on their excursion

11. TretraMin fish food flakes for the nearby aquarium - the eldest cat knocked it over out of curiosity and I need to buy more

12. A commemorative coffin shaped desk clock from Japanese rocker Gackt - the thing is so cool that it runs backward with a reverse Roman numeral face

13. Two tickets for a hot air balloon ride courtesy of my parents (!!!) - it's a gift I can use all over the country (where would you suggest?)

12 comments:

  1. A coffin shaped clock, nice. I have a coffin shaped case with dice inside. Gotta love the little touches. *grin*

    Happy T13,

    ~Xakara
    13 CFS Symptoms

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tickets for a ot air balloon ride--how cool! You'll have to let us know when and where you go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5. Advair 500/50 diskus for my asthma - thank goodness for good health insurance


    No kidding!That stuff's expensive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hot air balloon things sounds scary! LOL!

    *hugs*
    Paige

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I had that playdough I'd be too busy making little things to write.

    Janice~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hot air ballooning is So cool. I've done it a couple of times. Once in Australia and once in Africa. You'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got PlayDough?! All they gave me was a paperclip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd go up near my home in that hot air balloon. It is a unique view of the things you know the best.

    Thanks for stopping by Blue Country Magic today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Re #13: Vermont during peak autumn foliage.
    PlayDoh...Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  10. #13 is the strangest! Playdough at the desk...good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tea bag holder is a great idea. I want one!

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!