Friday, April 21, 2017

R is for Rag’n’Bone Man



Don’t you just love Rory Graham’s stage name? Listening to “Human” I would have never guessed in a million years that he hails from East Sussex, England. He really captures the soul of Mississippi Delta blues and I wish Rag’n’Bone Man much success.


Today’s faux artist goes by the name Robosexual, the term for a humanoid robot fetish I encountered via the British comic “2000 AD” character Lobster Random. Unlike the cranky, genetically modified cartoon torturer, the singer/songwriter/performance artist plays well with others. I liken his sound to Celldweller, who collaborated with Criss Angel (the magician singing in this video).


-
All the real tunes air on member supported WNKU out of the University of Northern Kentucky. The web page features the current playlist and live streaming.

19 comments:

  1. Living in beautiful East Sussex and having done so for most of my life, I just have to like Rory Graham don't I? I wonder if he ever visited Amble Bay?

    Another day in Amble Bay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I've heard "Human". If it's what I think it is, it's getting a lot of airplay here nowadays. (I can't play the video right now; I'm at work...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am hearing some new music that I have not heard before. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I like Rag'n'bone Man. I'll have to look up more of his music. Thanks for the introduction!

    ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I'm very pleased, Mary. Happy Blogging!

      Delete
  5. He's hard to avoid in the UK at the moment, but I do like his voice - very distinctive. And from the same neck of the woods as where I grew up too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's neat, Nick! I so want to visit there from everything I have learned. I hope you are having a lovely day.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rag'n'bone Man has a cool sound and definitely doesn't sound British. Also liked the Criss Angel video. I used to watch his 'Mindfreak' TV show. Saw him perform in Vegas, five years ago. Interesting music. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting and leaving a kind word, Debbie! I envy you for getting to see Criss Angel live.

      Delete
  8. Wow. That was very unique. Blues is at the root of so much good stuff! Thanks! I will share this with my guitar-picker husband.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, delightful, my dear. Thanks for sharing the kind word. This makes my day.

      Delete
  9. Can't say I much like Celldweather. Can't get into it as music, seems more like a prank. a pretend. Can't relate to RagnBone man either. Must be the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your opinion, my friend. Thanks for weighing in. I hope your day is going well.

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!