Thursday, August 3, 2017

A Blast from the Past



Every now and then I find myself missing the refreshing taste of Zima. First marketed in 1994, the malt liquor held immense appeal to this Gen X gal.

Production ended in 2008 yet I still recall the crisp citrus kick. Imagine my surprise when a stroll into a local wine and beer vendor displayed a stack of Zima six packs standing just shy of my five foot two inch frame.

My partner and I brought one home. The taste remained excellent. We treasured each bottle, limiting ourselves to one each per day.

Today we tried to get more at a different store and learned they were cleaned out with no more expected. I picked up the phone and called the place we found it first. The gal told me they had a few six packs left. She laughed when I said we were on our way.

We cleaned them out.

Crisp Ambrosia
Did you ever drink Zima back in the day?

-

16 comments:

  1. Nope, I have not had that before! Buying the store out ...that is funny. Hoping you are doing okay today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to have amused. Thanks for the kind word. Today I'm doing well, writing and finalizing three obituary notices celebrating my mother's life.

      Delete
  2. I remember Zima. I am not a drinker, but I knew people who loved this. Enjoy! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard of it, but I am glad you scored a bunch of it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's still available in Japan, giving me another reason to want to go. ~grin~ Be well!

      Delete
  4. Yes! Loved Zima! Glad you found some. a very rare find! Feeling jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember the name, but honestly that was the extent of it for me. My distant memory drink will likely always be 'Bawlz'. Even when I first tried it, it was already going out of business. It's basically impossible to find now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you've got me curious. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Never heard of it but it must be quite something!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely different. ~grin~ Happy Writing, my dear!

      Delete
  7. we don't have it here in Central Europe, but we do positively boo and hiss when a fave product of ours goes of the market... sometimes even unannounced....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's no fun. Is it? Thank you for taking time to visit and comment!

      Delete
  8. I remember hearing of Zima. Alas, I do not drink, so I've never partaken. (I'm a Gen-Xer, too.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good on you. There are so many empty calories in alcohol. Be well!

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!