Friday, January 12, 2018

Just for Grins

Yesterday I took a look at book eighteen (“Dog is my Copilot”) of my BloodMoon series and feel like the chapters are starting to take shape. It put me in the mood to share my title list, for… you know… grins. I hope you enjoy the silliness.

Blood Moon
Bark at the Moon
Cat’s Meow
It’s Raining Cats and Dogs
Kennel Club
Nine Lives
This Vacation Photo Doesn't Really Fit This Story, Sad to Say
My Characters Are Nowhere Near the Sea
Wolf’s Bane
Man’s Best Friend
Letting the Cat Out of the Bag
Dog Days of Summer
The Wolf at Your Door
Scaredy Cat
Obedience Training
Top Dog
Leopard Print
Cat Nap
A Leopard Can’t Change Its Spots
Dog is My Copilot
Chasing Cars
Biting the Hand That Feeds
Dog Catcher
Dog License
Dog With at Bone
Cat Got Your Tongue

I am happy to say that many of the twenty-four titles aren’t strictly American English sayings (some adapted from other cultures, I’m learning, which is cool). Most tie into the storyline. For example, “Dog is My Copilot” features an airplane crash which skilled, dedicated pilots kept from causing any fatalities. Well, almost. My hero… well… never mind.

Do you have any more animal based sayings to suggest in case I need more?

-

12 comments:

  1. Alas, the phrase 'Cat in Control' has been used. (It's on one of mugs a friend got me for my birthday in fact.) Um, Cat Capers? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, thanks. That brings another thought to mind: "Cat Burglar". You rock. Hope you're having a great day!

      Delete
  2. Have you used Bark at the Moon? Having a Hissyfit? Hair of the Dog that Bit You? I will email you...🐱❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I can't believe how many of these never occurred to me. That's what friends are for, though, right? ~hugs~ I copied your entire email into my Scrivener doc for future reference.

      Delete
  3. Dog Gone! I think that is a saying. HAHA...you are so silly. I have yet to jump and start writing my short stories. When I am in the right frame of mine I need to read on how to get started in that process. Best of luck on all your writing. Annie seems to have a lot of sayings for you. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh! She didn't have Dog Gone. How fun! I'm so glad I shared my silliness. ~hugs~ Hope you're warm and safe and free from pain tonight. The wind is howling outside as I type. Yikes. Glad my house is brick.

      Delete
  4. Oh....and as for stop. Waiting around, well slept most of the day while waiting for the snow. Ice rain came and snow finally started around 3:30. Over by 5.....such a lot of NOTHING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny how much drama can come from a little forecast snow. ~grin~ We got heavy snow right around 4:30pm, rotten timing; I hope commuters made it home safe.

      Delete
  5. I sense a theme... Nice way to tie things together. (Alas, no, I can't think of any other animal sayings at the moment.)

    Oh, I take that back. Just thought of one. Barking mad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Liz. That's another new one. So weird that I didn't thank of a lot of these offerings. Makes this all the more fun and rewarding. Be well!

      Delete
  6. Great list. How about , The Cat's Pajamas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Thank you. These lovely suggestions made me glad I shared my silliness. Hope you're well!

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!