Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thursday Thirteen

Thinking on what to share for my list today, I suddenly thought of my favorite visitors to birdfeeders. While my interest cooled upon returning to full-time employment, these critters were great entertainment back in the day.

Red-bellied Woodpecker

Tufted Titmouse – I wonder what the plural is?

Cardinal

Goldfinch

Hairy Woodpecker

Red-tailed Hawk – technically drawn by the birds at the feeder, of course, though I never saw their hunts succeed

House Finch

Downy Woodpecker

Cowbird – watching greedy babies eat from adoptive parents much smaller than them is quite amusing

White-breasted Nuthatch

Pileated Woodpecker – that huge bird was a surprising joy to find

Bluejay

Turkey Vulture – okay, maybe they never came to the feeders but their sheer number throughout the summer is stunning

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!