Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Going With the Flow

Life has been very interesting lately, and I mean that in all the best ways. The timing, as I journey with other dear travelers along Julia Cameron’s Artist’s Way, can’t be a coincidence. Every day seems to bring a new sense of hope for a bright future. Granted, we never know when our time will be up, so I look forward to making the most of this newfound wellbeing.

A part of my calm came from my decision not to actively pursue publishing. I decided to polish my craft and focus on blogging for now. That didn’t mean I wouldn’t keep feelers out, but I have to be honest and admit that active pursuit never had taken off in the first place. Blaming either the inner critic or laziness, I found the result was the same ~ a big nothing.

On the other hand, I’ve been surprisingly bold in approaching writers I admire. In less than a week I’ll be posting an interview with one author on the Nightlight blog (Josh Lanyon, famed for his Adrien English series) and look forward to a similar kindness from Mel Keegan. The mind behind the N.A.R.C. series and The GLBT Bookshelf even published two ebooks of mine, which anyone reading probably knows very well from my initial, excited tell.

And that brings me to the most exciting news of all. While I’m awaiting details from Mr. Keegan, he has honored me with an offer to join his writer’s consortium! This puts me in some great company and gives each of us more clout with which to approach publishers. Before midnight last night when I read the email, I didn’t know such possibilities existed.

I’m going to keep my feet on the ground but definitely go with the flow. It should be fun to see where this takes me. Wish me luck and best wishes in your own endeavors!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!