13 Facts About Clouds
1. Paintings are common enough that there is a name for the artists’ works – cloudscapes.
2. There are a tremendous number of names and classifications. Many of these can occur together in the same stretch of sky.
3. Irisation is a type of rainbow affect from the sun named after Iris, Greek goddess of rainbows.
4. There actually exists a cloud appreciation society. You can find their website here: Cloud Appreciation Society.
Wednesday, December 22, 2010
Monday, December 20, 2010
Sunday, December 19, 2010
Saturday, December 18, 2010
Thursday, December 16, 2010
Having recently heard of these decorated trucks, I was happy to have found a good selection of photos on Pink Tentacle. Here are thirteen right off of that website.
|1. Blinding is the only word that comes to mind.|
|2. Love the dinoasaur theme!|
|3. That's a lot of chrome|
|4. I wonder what these additions cost|
|5. Do truck stops bother with overhead lights?|
|6. I wouldn't want to put anything in this beauty|
|7. This reminds me of a slot machine somehow|
|8. Can you imagine a parade of these things?|
|9. I can't imagine this clearing a bump in the road|
|10. Is this really street legal?|
|11. Hitting deer must not be a fear for these drivers|
|12. I'd love to see these going down American freeways!|
|13. This rivals the Las Vegas strip|
Monday, December 13, 2010
Sunday, December 12, 2010
If you haven't been there, dear reader, please visit her website: Janice's Home
Here are the rules:
1. Share 7 things about yourself
2. Pass The Award to 15 bloggers recently discovered (or however many you can manage).
3. Notify the blogger recipients.
4. Link The blogger who gave the award.
So, here are seven things about me:
1. I am studying Japanese and finding that I still know only a fraction of the beautiful language.
2. My favorite color is purple but it really doesn't look that good on me.
3. A dream of mine is to open a ryokan in Japan. I imagine a bed and breakfast welcoming tourists from abroad.
4. As an asthmatic, my biggest trigger used to be cats. Now I have more than one! Modern medication is wonderful.
5. A Catherine Noon is the author who got me started on blogging. I'm still influenced every day by her attitude and enthusiasm.
6. I'm part of two group blogs besides two of my own.
7. I have a pet betta fish virtually alone in a ten gallon aquarium because a tiny tank just didn't seem right.
My list of award recipients follows. Please check them out!
A Catherine Noon
A B Gayle
A Bit of Sunshine
The Pack Rat's Nest
Robin L Rotham