Thursday, April 27, 2017

W is for Warpaint



This group’s style has several classifications, including the aptly termed dream pop. I find that so fitting because Beck’s “Dreams” has a similar sound to Warpaint’s “New Song”. WNKU tends to play blocks of loosely themed music and has played these literally dreamy sounding numbers back to back.


I’m going to make up a group named Waking Up Dead. They have a sound that harkens to Marilyn Manson’s androgynous “Mechanical Animals” era.

WARNING: The following video may be considered shocking and may be NOT SAFE FOR WORK.


-
All the real tunes air on member supported WNKU out of the University of Northern Kentucky. The web page features the current playlist and live streaming.

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm so glad! Thanks for stopping by, Emily. I appreciate the comment.

      Delete
  2. Warpaint I loved, but Manson? I got one minute in before going back to Warpaint again!

    Another day in Amble Bay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha... Glad you enjoyed Warpaint, Keith. Be well!

      Delete
  3. I do know Warpaint - "ethereal" might be a good term for them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh. That's a good term. Thanks for weighing in!

      Delete
  4. Another interesting visit. Warpaint is new to me! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. I hope you enjoyed the introduction, my dear, if only for notoriety. Be well!

      Delete
  6. I like that. Dreamy quality... Yeah...

    Never been a Marilyn Manson fan. Ah well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the dreaminess, my dear. As for MM, I fell in love with his intellect and the music followed. His dark and amusing autobiography "Long Hard Road Out of Hell" hooked me first.

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!