Wednesday, September 20, 2017

The Little Things Matter



At my mother’s memorial service one of my brother’s recalled her fondness for tiny things. He mentioned how she would find the tiniest shell on a beach. Then I found this on vacation.

Wish This Were Clearer - I Lost the Fragment After Taking This
It really seemed she was with me. We certainly spent time on those shores together in years past. The shell fragment disappearing from my pocket before I went upstairs to the hotel room seemed kind of like letting go of her.

-

8 comments:

  1. Not letting go. Letting her go with spirit...

    ReplyDelete
  2. She will always be with you and be a part of you.....finding that shell was her way of letting you know that she is still with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet post and memory of your mother. I love tiny things as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine we would get alone famously. ~grin~ Thank you for the kind word. Be well.

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!